Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hell to the chimp

Look for me tomorrow - I'll be the one dressed in black and buying nothing.

Still, look to the day of an event and by observing the aspects the Moon will make before leaving its sign, you can get a pretty good picture of how that event will wash out in the end. For example, I'm just bitter and vindictive enough to be comforted by the absolutely retched aspects of tomorrow's Moon in Gemini. Oh, there are trines to Neptune (pretty fitting for the ultimate Wizard of Oz presidency) and Jupiter (plenty of hot air and overoptimism), but I prefer to focus on the oppositions to Mars and Pluto (the last aspect, representing "the end of the matter"). I feel confident that in the fullness of time, the Chimperor will get his comeuppance.

Here's something completely unrelated to that, and kind of funny. Last night, between the Sun entering Aquarius at 3:22 pm and the Moon square Uranus at 11:55 pm, our electricity went out. (For those who don't get the joke, Aquarius/Uranus rule electricity.) It was sort of fun staggering around looking for candles, cooking on the gas stove by candlelight... I felt like I was on one of those PBS programs where they put a 21st century family in a 19th century situation and let them see just how tough life was back then. Except, you know, I didn't have to make my own soap or anything.