Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Acceptance! Validation! Money!

I wrote a rather cranky and marginally self-serving article about how so much astrology writing is kind of boring (I don't put it that way, exactly; but there really is no nice way to put it, is there?), and how taking an ethnographic approach might spice up our astrology writing. Said article has, surprisingly, been accepted for publication in the April/May issue of The Mountain Astrologer.

This article was the direct descendant of a testy email exchange I had with a reader of my website last spring. I'd been feeling vaguely guilty for writing so much from a personal point of view, often using very little explicit astrology at all in my articles. All it took was for someone else to complain about it, though, to get my back up and make me fight for the right to be reflective. So in a way, she did me a favor.

Or did she? We'll see once it's published. Something tells me it's liable to rub some people the wrong way. What's a nice girl like me, with a seventh-house moon, doing pissing people off all the time?