Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The void-of-course casserole.

The New Moon was on Saturday at 20 Sagittarius. In honor of the occasion I wrote this article for MoonCircles.com, if you're looking for something a bit more substantial than this entry promises to be.

Yesterday there was this transiting Sun/Pluto conjunction. To me, it felt exactly like someone had plugged in some really huge appliance that instantly sucked all the energy away from everything else, causing a brown-out. Maybe it was just me, though; we hosted a rather large party here on Sunday. Yes, it was highly festive and enjoyable, and yes, the cabinets either side of the fireplace looked fabulous. But for an introvert like me (no one believes me when I describe myself as an introvert, but then, they don't see me curl into the fetal position in front of the TV for a day or so after playing the social butterfly at some event), it was exhausting. So this week I've been taking advantage of my temporary lack of deadlines to do some serious goofing off.

Thus liberated, I had expected to feel energized this week but instead lack energy and direction. My accomplishments today? I answered some emails, rewatched a couple of movies I've seen fifty times (and I don't even particularly like them; what is that? I dislike these films, and yet when I stumble across them on TBS or something I cannot.look.away.) and made a rather tasty chicken and rice casserole. And that's it. Elsewhere in the world today, folks did useful things that improved nations and led to the betterment of the human race; I baked a casserole and watched Trading Places for the gazillionth time.

Then again, my progressed Moon is currently at 29 degrees Sagittarius, void of course, in a late-sign slump of evolutionary exhaustion. It is poised, however, to ascend to the heady heights of Capricorn next month. So I suppose the quest for world domination can wait until then.

0 Comments:

<< Home