Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Bloggin' on Tuesdays.

Hmm. Looking through the archive of my past posts, it seems I've got kind of a Tuesday thing goin' on with the blog. It wasn't premeditated, I swear.

Tuesday is supposed to be ruled by Mars, right? Mardi gras = fat Tuesday. Mardi = Mars in French. So why am I bloggin' on Tuesdays? I should be ironing (Mars rules iron) or arc welding or puttin' the smackdown on those who annoy me. By all planetary logic, Wednesday - ruled by Mercury - should be for bloggin'!

On the other hand, my Mars in Virgo is ruled by Mercury. And it's true that when I do Mars, I do it in a Mercurial way. So I iron while watching TV and talking on the phone, because Mercury likes to multi-task. My preferred smackdown method is in writing - the nastygram. I do not arc weld, but if I did so, I'm sure I would make it way more complicated than necessary, because that's Virgo's way.

Got through Christmas fine by doing our usual: not going anywhere, not seeing anyone, not speaking to anybody. When we got married we made a pact to spend Christmases alone - mainly because we don't celebrate Christmas, per se. So we've made our own little tradition that consists mainly of cooking orange chicken together and drinking champagne. A few years ago we deviated from this fine tradition to spend Christmas in San Luis Obispo (we were en route to San Francisco to visit Jonny's family), where we had a nice Thai dinner and then saw the first Lord of the Rings movie at a cool old movie theater. But generally... nowhere, nobody, orange chicken, champagne. But look at the cool present I got!

Jonny had four days off, and I felt like hanging with him, so I mostly avoided the computer until yesterday. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the break. But this week I'm back at it, as you can see, and despite a power outage this morning I've spent today flogging away, with brutal diligence, at an article that's due on Friday. It's fully written, has been edited into some kind of sense, and yet I pretty much hate it. Luckily I still have a couple of days to fashion it into something a mother could love. Wish me luck with that.