Monday, June 05, 2006

Catching up.

Treated myself to a small vacation last week. Didn't go all that far (unlike astrobarry - showoff!) or do all that much, which was just the way I wanted it. Read trashy novels. Took afternoon naps, which is normally something I just can't manage unless horribly sick. (I attribute this to my many natal planets in hard aspect to sleepy Neptune in the 12th house: I resist unconsciousness!) Had breakfast in the park. Drank numerous margaritas (because I don't resist unconsciousness all that hard). Watched mindless teevee. Celebrated my nephew's high school graduation. And didn't write anything, hardly so much as an email. Ahhhh. Relaxing!

And who couldn't use a little relaxation? Between Mars entering Leo on Saturday, Venus square Saturn yesterday, and Sun square Uranus today, things have been a little tense. Those of us with tons of planets in the fixed signs (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius) are in for a rollicking time of it through July 21, what with Mars lighting the fuses of the ticking time bombs of our legendary tempers. And Mars in Leo ain't the passive aggressive shrinking violet of Mars in Cancer - Mars in Leo lets fly with the drama, complete with objects passionately hurled, invective lustily spewed.

Venus square Saturn was a moment to revisit the more irritating themes of the Venus/Saturn opposition back in March. The less said about that aspect, and this one, the better.

And Sun/Uranus aspects are always good for a bolt out of the blue. Around here, it's meant, as always, technological challenges. We upgraded my hard drive and operating system, which of course meant reinstalling a metric buttload of applications, including the exercise in aggravation that is transferring Outlook Express. I only use if for a client's mail list, I swear; I'm a Eudora gal myself, and this little exercise reminded me why. Basically, I didn't get much done on this, my first day back on the job.

Both my desk calendar and my Pocket Astrologer look a bit calmer tomorrow. Maybe I'll get caught up after all... on my napping.