Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mars kickin' it through Gemini

The pace of life sure seems to be picking up since Mars entered Gemini a few days ago. Of course, compared to the glacial progress of Mars through Taurus, anything would seem zippy. There were a few fallow weeks in February when many tantalizing work possibilities dangled from a lofty branch, but no fruit was actually falling from the tree; now, I'm so busy I can't think straight, and there's no way I'm going to complain about it!

I don't know what's going on in the world outside my tiny one, and not just because I'm busy. I've taken a perhaps permanent hiatus from following politics and world affairs, a withdrawal precipated by the Democrats' dismal performance during the Alito hearings. That was the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back. I now bypass Salon, Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, and Wonkette on my daily travels through the internet, no longer even watch the Daily Show. I've joined the legions of Americans who don't know what's going on and don't give a rat's ass, and I'm quite a bit happier as a result.

Oh, I catch the occasional whisp of information as it floats through the atmosphere... for instance, I gather Cheney shot someone, which doesn't seem like that big a deal given all the people he's killed in Iraq, but you know, whatever. Something something DUBAI. Yada yada AVIAN FLU. Whatever. Five years is long enough to live perched on the edge of heartbreak and insanity. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

I guess with transiting Mars opposing my Ascendant, that's an unfortunate turn of phrase. Someone just might decide to take me up on it. Don't seat me next to Cheney at your next dinner party.